Webinar available at a reduced cost to IPA members
Obituaries and newspapers: Once, these two always went together, and this relationship provided publishers with a powerful traffic driver and an unbeatable revenue stream. But today's readers face unique economic pressures, and they have new ideas about how to best announce and remember a death in the community. The result? Nationwide, obituary volume is down 19 percent -- and falling.
The good news: Obituaries are still the most visited section of every newspaper, and we have tools to turn that fact into more traffic and revenue. Using insights gained from working with more than 1,500 newspapers, Legacy.com's Ronald Speechley will show you five easy ways to revitalize your obituaries—and their revenue potential.
You'll learn how to:
- Strengthen relationships with your funeral home partners, with
- Unique options to encourage them to work on your behalf.
- Teach your readers why obituaries are important.
- Make it easier for them to place one.
- Increase volume with creative pricing options, packages, and formats.
The webinar, hosted by the Inland Press Association and co-sponsored by the Illinois Press Association, will begin at 2 p.m. Sept. 10. Registration is free to Inland members, and at a reduced rate of $15 to IPA members. Non-members pay $25 to register.
Click here for more information and to register.